Dennis Group San Diego
Automation/Controls Engineer III
About the Job
Our automation/controls engineer work closely with our process, packaging and building engineers to:
- Design and troubleshoot both software and hardware necessary for control systems utilizing PLCs for integration of manufacturing systems.
- Design, diagnose, and troubleshoot network infrastructures - Ethernet, DeviceNet, AS-i, Profibus etc.
- Design, specify, wire, and procure control panel equipment, e.g. safety circuits, I/O, networks, etc.
- Design, specify, and procure electrical equipment, e.g. MCCs, panelboards, transformers, etc.
- Specify, procure, configure, and troubleshoot controls hardware and field instrumentation
- Develop bid documentation for Electrical, Automation, and Low Voltage (network, security) vendors
- Interface and manage installation contractors during construction
You will need to have a demonstrated grasp on designing control systems in a manufacturing environment. Those successful in this role are professional, self-motivated, and energetic individuals with excellent communication and inter-personal skills. This role is client facing and you will spend significant time in our client's facilities during during installation and startup/commissioning/qualification phases of a project.
- 8+ years of experience in systems integration for manufacturing systems required
- Candidates without a minimum of a Bachelor degree will not be considered.
- Proficiency with MS Office and AutoCAD (electrical schematics, layout/building drawings, etc.)
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley/Rockwell or Siemens processors a must
- Familiarity with database programming skills a plus
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.